On July 15, the VPFO started the process of rolling out White Belt training across our portfolio. As you complete your initial Lean Six Sigma training, you may be wondering what’s next? Well, there’s a few things you can do right now to help us spread the culture of Lean Six Sigma across the VPFO:
1. Add your white belt (or any other colour) to your LinkedIn profile:
To add credentials on LinkedIn:
- Click the “Me” icon in the navigation bar at the top of your LinkedIn homepage (it’s usually your photo).
- Click View profile.
- Click Edit public profile & URL section on the right rail of your profile.
- Click the plus icon next to Licenses & Certifications.
- Complete the fields:
- Name: Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certification
- Issuing Organization: UBC Sauder School of Business
- Credential does not expire
- Credential URL: https://opex.ubc.ca/training-coaching/training
This will help us show that continuous improvement is part of our culture in the VPFO and, if you have selected the option, share your accomplishment with your business network.
2. Add the UBC Lean Six Sigma crest to your online profile on VPFO websites
If you have a public biography or profile on a VPFO website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add the appropriate crest (see Peter Smailes as an example) and add your certification to your biography.
When do we start using our training?
Our goal is to have everyone in the VPFO complete the training by November 1, 2021 (and keep adding new people as they join the portfolio). The training will equip the team with the tools and knowledge to drive operational excellence in our work at UBC and will play a key role in our cultural shift towards continuous improvement. In addition, selected team members will be taking their Yellow and Green Belts to start the process of identifying and prioritizing our best opportunities to improve our processes and make your job more fulfilling.